Re: Bounding Parameters used in FindFit[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75217] Re: Bounding Parameters used in FindFit[]
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:02:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Joshua,

consider the surface of fit-residuals. If this surface has one unique

minimum, you can either give P1 a fixed value or you can use Minimize or

NMinimize to make a constrained fit.

On the other hand, if the surface has several minima, you may force

FindFit to find a minimum that you suits you better by specifying a

start value for e.g. P1 like: {P1,1}.

hope this helps, Daniel