Memmory issue while batch exporting graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79754] Memmory issue while batch exporting graphics
  • From: Ned Kelly <NedKelly at gmx.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 06:33:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all

I'm (just for fun) trying to generate a high resolution Mandelbrot set
image with Mathematica. In order to do so I wrote a Programm to build
an array wich holds the number of iterations in each spesific point.
Unfortunately I get a memmory error when the array gets larger than 500x500.

No more memory available.
Mathematica kernel has shut down.
Try quitting other applications and then retry.

Then I decided to do the same in small portions. I generate a
ListDensityPlot (500x500 pix), save it as a variable and export it to a
spesivic folder. This repeats itself as I packed it in two "For" loops.
This works fine up to a spesivic point where (again) my memmory overflows.

My idea was to stick all these exported parts of the Mandelbrot together
to get a high resolution Mandelbrot set.

Do you've got any idea how to work around that Memmory issue? I Tried to
  clear the systemcache and clear the variables holding the picture and
the array but nothing helped.

Appreciate your help!

Ned