Re: how to collapse a cell in v.6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79837] Re: how to collapse a cell in v.6
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 03:39:11 -0400 (EDT)

Steven Shippee wrote:
> In version 5 of Mathematica one could complete the keystrokes
>
> alt + c
>
> alt + r
>
> alt + c
>
> to collapse and/or expand cells.
 >
> How does one accomplish this in version 6. please - and thank you in
> advance.

On my Windows system, the sequence of keystrokes 'Alt + c' opens the
/Cell/ menu and 'Alt + r' opens the /Format/ menu. Since hitting the
'Alt' key plus a letter to access some menu options is the conventional
way to build GUI in Windows, either you are not using Windows (but still
have a keyboard with the 'Alt' key) or you have a heavily customized
version of Mathematica.

At any rate, the default keystrokes to open or close a group of cells is
'Alt + shift + {' and 'Alt + shift + }', respectively. They match the
menu entries Cell -> Grouping -> Open All Subgroups and Cell -> Grouping
-> Close All Subgroups.

HTH,
Jean-Marc