Fourier transform : failure with hyperbolic secant and log argument

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79926] Fourier transform : failure with hyperbolic secant and log argument
  • From: lagaffe <spambox at neuf.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:13:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Does someone know why Mathematica succeeds in findind the fourier transform of Sech[x*a] but not of Sech[x*Log[2]], and why does it return a result in terms of gamma functions with Sech[x*Log[2.0]] ??

I know this is not really an issue since I can replace Log[2] by the symbol a, but it worries me about mathematica's reliability.

Thanks.