Re: problems with delayed write: tag list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79930] Re: problems with delayed write: tag list
  • From: P_ter <peter_van_summeren at yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 05:15:17 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to all.
My few lines were to much like C++ programming. I used i++ etc. because then in one pass one can scan the list for the desired result. From the examples I learned that in Mathematica programming is different.
Some solutions/reactions require two passes of the list. But I observed that Mathematica has very efficient short procedures. To rely on them is better, I believe now, than to make my own version of these given procedures.
I also solved the tag question. My mistake was that I made first a list called mm and later a function (mm[mDiff}:= etc.). This gave the tag problem. Mathematica does not use types. I think it can be done with up values, but I am just starting with Mathematica.
wit friendly greetings,
P_ter