Manipulate/Locator bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80040] Manipulate/Locator bug
  • From: Mariusz Jankowski <mjankowski at usm.maine.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 02:08:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, a couple of weeks ago I posted a question about a LocatorPane
problem I was seeing. Here is another manifestation of the same using
the popular Manipulate command. This is a bug that may kill your kernel
so beware.

Following the documentation I entered:

Manipulate[
  Framed[Graphics[]], {{u, {}}, Locator, LocatorAutoCreate -> All}]

Now, click once inside the frame - a Locator does *not* appear.

Click again, a Locator will appear as described in the documentation.
Continue clicks and alt-clicks and everything seems to work.

Finally, go to the control button in the upper right-hand corner of the
Manipulate panel and select Paste Snapshot. You will either kill the
kernel or a DynamicModule expression will get pasted. In the latter case
note the incorrect coordinates of the first element of the list of Locators.

Enjoy, Mariusz