Re: Mathematica 6.0 bug in computing MathieuC

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80342] Re: [mg80300] Mathematica 6.0 bug in computing MathieuC
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 05:33:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thursday 16 August 2007 23:44:27 taoufik bakri wrote:
> Dear all,
> Something is still worng with the algorithm behind computing MathieuC. It
> reprts, for instance that MathieuC is pi-periodic when its not. I noticed
> that people already (October 2006) reported similar problems  with version
> 5.2, yet version 6.0 still contains this bug!. Another CAS however computes
> correctly both MathieuS and MathieuC.
> Regards,
> T. Bakri

It might help if you gave an example of the error(s). I see nothing in the
documentation about MathieuC being pi-periodic (except for special values of
its parameters), nor do various plots of the function lend support to this
assertion. Where's the bug?

Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov
PGP Key ID: 0x4DCA2A10