But is it worth to use Mathematica ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80372] But is it worth to use Mathematica ?
  • From: Cristian <LumisrobTogliquesto at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 03:39:22 -0400 (EDT)

But is it worth to use Mathematica if I have to make serious
scientific calculations?
Do I believe that it is better immediately to depart with the c++ and
to use the numerous numerical and symbolic libraries (what besides are
free)? Surely to the beginning it is had to study more but then they
are not had to make the compromises (matlink to recall external forms
to increase speed execution, sparsearray for example have grow
limitation to <= 2^31 also on version to 64 bit, etc etc). And then I
believe that for an advanced use of mathematica a peer effort is had
to do however? Certainly that if the wolfram succeeded in building a
compiler for mathematica... then the heaven would be to course of
hand!!!
excuse me for my bad English
hi and thanks
cristian