Re: fit a BinomialDistribution to exptl data?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80495] Re: fit a BinomialDistribution to exptl data?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 01:20:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

you can't find an example, because you mix up the
probability density function of a random variable
with the realizations of that random variable, i.e.,
your data samples.

The usual way is to estimate the parameters of you distribution
from the samples and than insert the parameters in the
pdf of your choice.

Regards
   Jens