Rotated Text with Full AspectRatio and ImageSize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80748] Rotated Text with Full AspectRatio and ImageSize
  • From: Cca <cca at gregosetroianos.mat.br>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:47:18 -0400 (EDT)

Dears,

Below I want "text" to be parallel to the segment from pt1 to pt2. This really works with the default AspectRatio for Graphics but not with the new Full value (Mathematica 6) with my settings for ImageSize (width different from height). How can I make "text" paralell to the segment in such situations? Notice that AbsoluteOptions[gr, AspectRatio] does not return any value in this case.

Manipulate[
 Graphics[{Line[{pt1, pt2}],
   Text["text", Offset[{-5, 5}, (pt1 + pt2)/2], {0, 0}, pt2 - pt1],
   Arrow[{{0, 0}, pt2 - pt1}]},
AspectRatio -> Full,
ImageSize -> {300, 100}],
{{pt1, {-3, 3}}, Locator},