[Mathematica 6] Bug in Labeled, Center align option not accepted. And how to left justify label under object?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80735] [Mathematica 6] Bug in Labeled, Center align option not accepted. And how to left justify label under object?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:40:36 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica 6.0.1

Hello

According to help, Labeled is supposed to accept the form {side,align} where
align can include

       Center, Left, Right, Bottom, Top.

But when I tried the 'Center', it did not accept it.

Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Right}]
Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Left}]
Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Right}]
Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Top}]
Labeled[{1, 2, 3}, "123", {Bottom, Center}]

Last command way above, returned its echo.

Another question: What is align supposed to do? every label I try with any
alignment, I get the same thing. I wanted the label to started from the far
left, i.e. left adjusted, but it seems to always be 'centere' below the
object being labeled.

Is there a way to make the label be left adjusted with respect to the object
being labeled? as in

Labeled["1 2 3","A"]

and get:
           1 2 3

Now I always get
           1 2 3

No matter what align option I used. I wish help has more help. some parts of
help seem to be too short on details.

thanks,
Nasser