Re: Notebook programming: SelectionMove[] for nested subgroups?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83842] Re: Notebook programming: SelectionMove[] for nested subgroups?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 04:08:37 -0500 (EST)

...of course this sort of thing might depend on the exact sort of
nesting and detailed arrangement of cell groups.  But here is an
example that assumes the case you mention here.  It assumes that your
insertion point is before the the first cell in your example and that
the notebook object for the notebook that the cells are in is nb:

SelectionMove[nb, Next, CellGroup]

FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken[nb, "OpenCloseGroup"]]

SelectionMove[nb, After, CellGroup]

SelectionMove[nb, Previous, CellGroup]

FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken[nb, "OpenCloseGroup"]]

SelectionMove[nb, Previous, CellGroup]

FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken[nb, "OpenCloseGroup"]]

Hope this helps...

--David