Re: Exporting Sound

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83840] Re: Exporting Sound
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 04:07:32 -0500 (EST)

Helen:
Try
ding = SoundNote["F", 1, "Tinklebell"];
Export["C:\ding.mid", Sound[ding], "Sound"]

What tipped me off to the format was what is in the General Help File for
SoundNote.

"Style ... represents General MIDI instrument"

Now how to get MIDI sound to a Wave format?

There is an example Under Sound > EXAMPLES > Applications
data = SystemDialogInput["RecordSound"]

This opens a dialog box to record a sound. The Input is a Sound Driver but
then how do you record the ding which you would play in Mathematica?

There must be an easier way?

Note that "Wav" format is primarily a Windows audio format that plays in
Windows Media Player, but Windows Media Player can also play MIDI files.

There are some free introductory software that can read MIDI files

Like http://www.finalemusic.com/notepad/ (can it export to Wave?)

There are many that will convert MIDI to Wave.

Hans

news:fireum$s1h$1 at smc.vnet.net...