Re: Question with ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83875] Re: Question with ListPlot
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 05:47:29 -0500 (EST)

Ary Adilson Morales Alvarado wrote:

> I'm master student of S=C3=A3o Paulo University of Brazil, and I have a problem
> with a mathematica code.
>
> I would like to plot one list (only with one colum), but that "x"
> coordinates begin from a number different of zero.
>
> For example, I have a list like that ... a={1,2,3,4} and I would like to
> plot "a" in "y" coordinate and in "x" coordinate I wants to began from 100
> to 103.

One possible way is to build a list of x values and combine them with
the list a as pair of values thanks to *Transpose* as in the following
examples,

In[1]:= a = {1, 2, 3, 4};

In[2]:= x = Range[100, 100 + Length[a] - 1]

Out[2]= {100, 101, 102, 103}

In[3]:= ListPlot[Transpose@{x, a}]

[... graphic of a straight line discarded ...]

Regards,
--
Jean-Marc