Re: Re: Hiding number cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83915] Re: [mg83888] Re: Hiding number cell
  • From: "Szabolcs HorvÃt" <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 04:27:32 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 3, 2007 7:56 PM, DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I never allow In/Out labels (they're hideous in a notebook, more so when
> posting to the group, and VERY inconvenient for a reader pasting back into
> a notebook)...

Well, it is just a matter of taste :-D  It is possible to copy without
In/Out labels, but I like to include them in MathGroup postings to
make the posts more readable, and make the distinction between input
and output cells clear.  I also copy the cells from messages
one-by-one to see which output was generated from which input.

> And I have noticed no surprises whatsoever, unpleasant or otherwise.

I included that warning only because in the past there were a few
posts from new users who got confused by the lack of direct
correspondence between cell contents and kernel state.  If you're more
organized than me and can keep track of which cells were evaluated in
what order, than of course there won't be any unpleasant surprises!
:-) The same goes for TraditionalForm vs StandardForm output.

Cheers,
Szabolcs