Mathematica 6 installation problem on Vista.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83989] Mathematica 6 installation problem on Vista.
  • From: Dreamlusion <dreamlusion at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 02:44:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

Mathematica 6 has no installation options apart from directory
selection, which I leave to default. So I hit "Install" and the
installation begins.

When installation reaches a certain point (Wolfram Notebook Indexers),
the installation window disappears, although I can see it at my
taskbar...

I wait for 5 minutes lets say with no activity. When I kill the
installation I get a 1628 Installation Failed message box.

I tried to find a solution to this but had no luck. Here is the
installation log (I run installation in verbose mode)
http://rapidshare.com/files/74558803/MathematicaInstallation.txt.rar.html