Re: Exporting Sound

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83999] Re: Exporting Sound
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 03:11:32 -0500 (EST)

I wrote:

> Thanks to everyone who suggested exporting [sounds generated by
> SoundNote] to .mid. Unfortunately, though, this doesn't compltely
> help. The sounds I'm working with are a combination of sounds
> generated from SoundNote and sounds imported from .wav files.
> EmitSound doesn't have any trouble with these combined sounds, but it
> seems impossible to export them.
>
> What I finally ended up doing was to play my sounds with EmitSound in
> Mathematica, and record them on a handheld digital audio recorder (which
> I have anyway, for purposes of recording the various music groups that I
> play in), then upload from my audio recorder to my computer, and save it
> as one big happy .wav or .mp3.

OK, I just found a somewhat better way to do this. The audio editing
software that I use in conjunction with my audio recorder, Acoustica,
doesn't support midi, at least not directly. However, it can record
directly off the computer's sound card. So, I started it recording,
played my sounds (combining SoundNote / midi with WAV) with EmitSound
from within Mathematica, and voila, I have a sound I can save from
Acoustica as a .wav or .mp3 or .au.

Still:

--
Helen Read