Re: Images chopped during Export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84035] Re: Images chopped during Export
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 03:07:30 -0500 (EST)

Kentaroh Takagaki wrote:
> Hello Szabolcs,
>
>      Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, on my system (6.0, Win32),
>           PlotRegion -> {{0.1, 0.9}, {0.1, 0.9}}
> Does not seem to help.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have any better ideas than PlotRegion ...

> Is the Mathematica Export[] command not capable
> of exporting bitmaps at high resolution, or am I just making some
> mistake? I need to export high resolution bitmaps for publication, to
> take advantage of the new support for transparencies.

It is usually better to export to a vector format (except in the case of
3D graphics), because it gives a higher quality.  Transparency is
preserved when the graphics are exported to PDF, and PDF can be directly
included into LaTeX documents (when compiled with pdfTeX).

--
Szabolcs