Contour Lines colored by temperature scale

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84048] Contour Lines colored by temperature scale
  • From: JOHN ERB <john_c_erb at prodigy.net>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 03:14:22 -0500 (EST)

I am using the following code to get colored contour lines.

ListContourPlot[doseArray,Contours->{200,400,600,800,900},ContourShading->None,
ContourStyle->{Blue,Green,Yellow,Orange,Red},ContourLabels->(Text[Framed[#3],{#1,#2},
Background->White]&),AspectRatio->Automatic,InterpolationOrder->1];

I would like to use a "Temperature" scale to color my contour lines;
the higher values at the red end of the visible light spectrum, and the lower
values at the blue end.  And instead of specifically naming the colors (as in
the code above), I would like it to be generic so that I could just have a list
of values for the contours, and the function automatically map the requisite colors.

Thanks for your help.

John C. Erb