Re: Precedence of Infix Operator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84091] Re: [mg84073] Precedence of Infix Operator
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 04:34:43 -0500 (EST)

There's a table at tutorial/InputSyntax#23301 showing several symbols with
precedence higher than Times, including SmallCircle, CircleDot,
NonCommutativeMultiply...

For instance

CircleDot[a_, b_] := a + b
2~CircleDot~3~Times~4

20

(Addition occurred before multiplication.)

PrecedenceForm may be of use, too.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com