Re: Monitor bug or feature

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84124] Re: Monitor bug or feature
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:45:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mark,

there is more than meets the eye. Normally the arguments of a function

are evaluated before feeding them to the function. To prevent this there

are attributes like HoldAll and HoldFirst. Monitor has HoldAll.

Therefore, in your first example Monitor gets an expression to monitor.

However, in the second example with the pure function, the Table gets

evaluated and Monitor gets a list of integers.

hope this helps, Daniel