packages not working under Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84215] packages not working under Linux
  • From: eric <questermocolle at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 03:58:26 -0500 (EST)

hi, this is probably a silly problem.  I'm using Mathematica 5.2  both
under Linux and Windows.  Under Linux,  Mathematica reads external
packages but the new functions defined in the packages are not loaded.
It's not a path problem as I tried also to put the packages in the
path.   I have no problems at all under Windows.
Any help appreciated.