Re: Is there a way to change points style in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84214] Re: [mg84208] Is there a way to change points style in Mathematica?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 03:57:56 -0500 (EST)

I presume you're talking about ListPlot for plotting a set of data points?

Did you check the help system?

If so, did you check the Options for ListPlot?  To do so, either
(1) evaluate

   Options[ListPlot]

and in the list of options returned you'll see a promising one --
PlotMarkers -- and then look up the help for that, say by evaluating

   ?PlotMarkers

and clicking the >> that points to the actual documentation or else by
directly opening the Documentation Center and typing PlotMarkers in its
search bar.

(2) Open the Documentation Center and type ListPlot in its search bar.
You'll get the page about this function.  In the Examples section, open
the subsection Options there and in it you'll find a subsubsection for
PlotMarkers.

That will give you a bunch of examples of the sort of thing you say you
want to do.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305