Mathematica 6 Documentation - how does one add to it?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84245] Mathematica 6 Documentation - how does one add to it?
  • From: Hans <reply-to-newsgroup-please at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:37:55 -0500 (EST)

I have written a package I would like to pass someone else. I would
like to install it in such a way that the documentation appears in the
Documentation Center under 'Installed Add-ons' but I can't find out
how best to do this, although I have managed to do it using a method I
think is not reccomended in version 6.

I have a Mathematica text book which was written before version 6 and
it has a file called BrowserCategories.m which was used to add
documentation to the Help Browser. This does work in version 6's
Documentation Center, but I can find no reference to this file in
Mathematica 6's documentation and the Function BrowserCategory is not
documented in Mathematica 6, although it is on the web

http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Add-onsLinks/AuthorTools/CustomizingTheHelpBrowser/SettingUpNewBrowserCategories/TheBrowserCategoryCommand.html

but only on the obsolete version 5.2's help pages.

Please reply to the news group, not to me personally as I don't read
this email account. I don't need the spam that one attracts if posting
to a news group with ones normal email address.

Hans