Re: packages not working under Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84278] Re: packages not working under Linux
  • From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:13:29 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 17, 1:23 pm, Eric <nmd... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 14, 10:01 am, eric <questermoco... at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi, this is probably a silly problem.  I'm using Mathematica 5.2  both
> > under Linux and Windows.  Under Linux,  Mathematica reads external
> > packages but the new functions defined in the packages are not loaded.
> > It's not a path problem as I tried also to put the packages in the
> > path.   I have no problems at all under Windows.
> > Any help appreciated.
>
> anyone? thanks.

Eric,

You should provide more info.  Are you trying to load some of the
standard packages?  What command do you use to load the packages?  How
do you know that Mathematica reads the packages if the functions are
not defined?  Do you get any error messages?

Create a single text file, named test.m, with the contents

f[x_] = x^2

Change the directory to where the file is using the SetDirectory[]
command, and type

<< "test.m"

What happens?

Try typing