Re: FileNameSetter button return state

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84331] Re: FileNameSetter button return state
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 04:17:03 -0500 (EST)

Steve Luttrell wrote:
> Suppose that the file selection dialog starts up with a valid filename (e.g.
> the filename that you had used on a previous use of this dialog), but then
> you decide to press the "Cancel" button, how would you tell that it was
> "Cancel" rather than "OK" that you had just pressed?

I don't know how to do this with FileNameSelector, but it can be
achieved with a combination of Button and SystemDialog["FileSave"] or
SystemDialog["FileOpen"].

I have done this and found it pretty straight forward, so if you need
more information I could try to find the code snippet, but probably you
are faster rewriting it your way. The only pitfall I can remember is
that you need to use Method -> "Queued" for the Button, otherwise the
preemptive link is likely to time out...

hth,

albert