Re: disable "disable dynamic updating?"?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84396] Re: disable "disable dynamic updating?"?
  • From: "dabrowsa at indiana.edu" <dabrowsa at indiana.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 03:21:54 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 19, 4:14 am, ragfield <ragfi... at gmail.com> wrote:

> The dialog box I am talking about contains the following text:
>
> "
> The notebook you are opening contains dynamic content that may result
> in automatic execution of Mathematica programs stored in the notebook.
>
> Do not enable dynamic content unless you trust the Notebook's source.
> Notebooks stored in directories on TrustedPath are assumed to be
> trusted. Notebooks stored in directories on UntrustedPath are assumed
> to be untrusted. TrustedPath and UntrustedPath can be edited in the
> Preferences dialog.
> "

OK, that's the confusion.  The dialog box I keep getting says:

 "One or more dynamic elements are taking excessively long to finish
evaluating."

Then it asks if I want to disable  dynamic updating or continue
waiting.  I always hit "continue waiting", but sometimes it will just
pop up again 10 seconds later.  Moreover this seems to interrupt the
operation of the rest of the FrontEnd, and sometimes results in
glitches in the formatting when it finally does complete.  I would
really like to be able to turn this dialog off.