Re: Loading Packages in a loop

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84480] Re: Loading Packages in a loop
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:43:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

suppose you have a package (that you don't show us
even in a simplified example)
BeginPackage["test`"]

test::usage="test[] does something very important."

Begin["`Private`"]

test[]:=Print["Ho, ho ho ..."]

End[]
EndPackage[]

SetAttributes[test`test,{Locked,Protected}]

Needs["Utilities`CleanSlate`"]
Get["test.m"];

Do[$HistoryLength = 0;(*some other things to save memory
                         and to waste time *)
   Unprotect[In, Out];(*some other things to save memory because
                        you never found out what ClearInOut[] does *)
   Clear[In, Out];(*some other things to save memory*)
   Protect[In, Out];(*some other things to save memory*)
   test`test[];(*call my function*)
   CleanSlateExcept["Global`"],
   {i, 4}];

will survive ..