Re: help with mathematica 5.2-Vector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84493] Re: help with mathematica 5.2-Vector
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at snafu.de>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:59:12 -0500 (EST)

First define the points (and the origin o) as three dimensional vectors

a = {1, 2, 3};
b = {2, 3, 4};
o = {0, 0, 0};

Then create the Graphics primitives using Line for the three vector
differences OA, OB, AB

lna = Line[{o, a}];
lnb = Line[{o, b}];
lnab = Line[{a, b}];

Then generate the corresponding Graphics objects. Notice that
formatting has to go here (I have taken the freedom to color the three
vectors in red, green, and blue):

ga = Graphics3D[{RGBColor[0, 1, 0], Thickness[0.02], lna}];
gb = Graphics3D[{RGBColor[0, 0, 1], Thickness[0.02], lnb}];
gab = Graphics3D[{RGBColor[1, 0, 0], Thickness[0.02], lnab}];

Finally, show all objects together

Show[gab, ga, gb];

Regards,
Wolfgang