Re: Problem with new Mathematica Installation on Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73132] Re: Problem with new Mathematica Installation on Linux
  • From: Francois LE COAT <lecoat at atari.org>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 07:13:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

shredder wrote :
> I newly installed Mathematica 5.2 on my Linux box. It's a Ubuntu 6.10
> with IBM Thinkpad T60 with SXGA+ 14" monitor.
>
> It installed correctly and I can start it. But the display is garbaged
> with other window as background. I don't know what's wrong with this.
> The screen is captured at:
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/yinyin.wang/Mathematica/photo#5026972496698143810
>
> I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

I have the exact same problem with Mathematica 5.2 installed under
Mandriva 2007.0, and native ATI graphic drivers for my Radeon X600
card, on my Vaio laptop.

Any help would be welcome.

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org/