Falloon's SpheroidalHarmonics package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73152] Falloon's SpheroidalHarmonics package
  • From: Glenn Carlson <xnhase03 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 23:53:47 -0500 (EST)

Has anyone successfully installed and used Peter
Falloon's SpheroidalHarmonics package for Mathematica.
 I am a new user of Mathematica and am currently
running Mathematica 5.2?

I have downloaded the notebook files that are
available at
http://ftp.physics.uwa.edu.au/pub/Theses/2002/Falloon/,
but I am having trouble creating a Mathematica package
from them.

I load Appendices.nb and 'Save as Special' as
Appendices.m in directory Spheroidal in
$BaseDirectory, but I get the following response to
the Needs command:

------
Needs["Spheroidal`Appendices`"]

Get::noopen : Cannot open SpheroidalHarmonic`.

Get::noopen : Cannot open GeneralizedSpheroidal`.

Syntax::sntxb : Expression cannot begin with "{M,
prec, [nu]1, [mu]1, csq1, m, n, [lambda]0, [lambda]1,
[lambda]2}, <<1>> <<1>>

Syntax::sntx:  Syntax error in or before    "
<<1586>> ^".
    (line 4702 of "Spheroidal`Appendics`")

 Needs::nocont : Context Spheroidal`Appendices` was
not created when Needs was evaluated.
-----