FindFit and NonlinearRegress: Advantages/Disadvantages?

Hi, Group,

    It doesn't seem (to me, based on very limited understanding!) that FindFit offers much advantage over NonlinearRegress, except for being incorporated in the kernel.

    I've been trying to figure out how to get FindFit to give me estimations of "goodness of fit", and pretty much conclude that I'd have to come up with my own equivalent of RegressionReport if I want to do this.

    Other than not having to load the NonlinearFit package, are there any advantages of FindFit over NonlinearFit or NonlinearRegress?

            Thanks!

Curtis Osterhoudt
gardyloo at mail.remove_this.wsu.and_this.edu
PGP Key ID: 0x088E6D7A