Re: RandomArray from user defined distribution?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73365] Re: [mg73319] RandomArray from user defined distribution?
  • From: darreng at wolfram.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 05:18:12 -0500 (EST)

Assuming t is continuous and greater than 0, you have the pdf for a
special case of the gamma distribution.

In[1]:= <<Statistics`

In[2]:= PDF[GammaDistribution[2, 1/a], t] // InputForm

Out[2]//InputForm= (a^2*t)/E^(a*t)

Random numbers can then be generated via RandomArray of this distribution
with the desired choice of a.

Darren Glosemeyer
Wolfram Research