Re: grouping similar list elements with gaps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73481] Re: [mg73468] grouping similar list elements with gaps
  • From: Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:29:49 -0500 (EST)

At any given time, I care only about the data above the threshold, or
only about the data below the threshold. There is nothing fuzzy about
that -- if I'm studying the periods where the variable is over 5, then
5.00001 counts just as 500 does. What I am trying to capture in my
original question is the situation where there is a period over 5,
then a gap of one or two time units when it slips below 5, then a
period above 5 again.

Thanks for any advice,

Michael