Precision of a number raised to a power

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73501] Precision of a number raised to a power
  • From: Sonya <sonyaBabken at yahoo.de>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:20:37 -0500 (EST)

Hallo
I am new to Mathematica and I am thankful to any help regarding the following.
If I have something like a^b . The a is any arbitrary decimal number (let us say of precision double) the b are numbers from 1-10 (exact numbers without a point).
What will be the precision of the above expression after raising a to the powers from 1-10.

Many thanks in advance
Sonya