Why Doesn't Mathematica Recognize System Dates?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73677] Why Doesn't Mathematica Recognize System Dates?
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 02:21:28 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

I've imported some tab-delimited data with dates in the format day/
month/year in one of the columns.  This is also the format I've
specified for the short format in OS X.

When I import the data, Mathematica reverses the month and day when
the day of the month is less than 13, so 5/2/2007 becomes {2007, 5,
2}.  If the day of the month is 13 or higher, Mathematica can't
handle it and leaves it, so 15/2/2007 stays as 15/2/2007.

Is there any preference setting in Mathematica that I can change to
fix this?

Regards,

	Greg