Re: Movie clips to Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73010] Re: Movie clips to Mathematica
  • From: Urijah Kaplan <uak at sas.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 03:55:31 -0500 (EST)

I don't think Mathematica can import video. I suggest you use a program
like VirtualDub that can save a video clip to image bitmaps. It even has a
command line version for doing batches (I have not tried that myself). You
can also write (or use others') scripts and filters for it. It only
handles AVI and MPG. You can probably use Quicktime or Quicktime Pro to
either save MOV as image bitmaps or to a format Virtualdub understands,
and perhaps a Windows Media Encoder program for WMV.

I don't know what you mean by "time frame"--skip a certain fraction and
save a frame? e.g. skip every third frame in a 30fps clip so you save
every tenth of a second?

                  --Urijah Kaplan