early version notebook in Mathematica 6 Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77215] early version notebook in Mathematica 6 Linux
  • From: wanghan at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 07:03:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I'm having a problem and would like to see if anyone can help me.
I have some notebooks that I made with Mathematica 5.2 that I would
like to use in Mathematica 6 on my Linux machine (Ubuntu 7.04 32bit
version on Thinkpad T60). However when I open them with the new
version, the "Version Advisory" comes out and gives me three choices:
"scan for possible issues", "do not scan this notebook" and "never
scan notebooks". However, when I click any of the three buttons, it
doesn't do anything. I tried the same notebook on another machine that
has Mathematica 6 running in Windows, and the buttons works fine.

Is this some kind of bug that only affects the Linux version, or I'm
doing something wrong?