Re: Two Version 6.0 Package Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77285] Re: Two Version 6.0 Package Problems
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:14:25 -0400 (EDT)

I was working with an initial 5.2 .nb notebook that had been saved as an
AutoSavePackage. There were (in 5.2) some cells that were not initialization
cells. These were Text comment cells and some old routine code that I did
not want to immediately discard. In 6.0 ALL cells in the notebook became
initialization cells and ALL cells were incorporated into the .m file.
Furthermore there is no way, that I have discovered yet, to turn any Input
cell into a NON-initialization cell. Despite whether there is or is not a
check mark on the menu Initialization Cell item, and despite whether or not
the cell is marked as an Initialization Cell in the Option Inspector, it
still contains the vertical tick mark in the notebook and it still becomes
incorporated, actively, into the .m file.

Furthermore, I don't want all the Text cell comments incorporated into the
distributed .m file.

And the old, temporarily kept, Input cells cause harm when they are
incorporated into the .m package file. So I either have to remove them
completely, or I have to comment them out with (*  *).

I much prefer the 5.2 behavior here and believe this is a bug.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/