3D manipulation with gamepad in V6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77418] 3D manipulation with gamepad in V6
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 05:31:11 -0400 (EDT)

I have bought myself a Logitech Dual Action gamepad as recommended in
tutorial/IntroductionToManipulate, and I am very pleased with how flexibly
it allows me to control Manipulate. This will make manipulation much easier.

Out of curiosity I tried using the gamepad to manipulate a plain 3D graphic,
where normally you would use the l.h. mouse button (optionally with Ctrl or
Shift) to rotate/zoom/translate the graphic. I found that I could rotate the
graphic by using the l.h. gamepad joystick, but I couldn't find any way to
zoom or translate the graphic using the gamepad. Does anybody know how to do
this, or it is not implemented?

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK