Re: v6: still no multiple undo?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77422] Re: v6: still no multiple undo?
  • From: Helen Read <read at math.uvm.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 05:33:15 -0400 (EDT)

Selwyn Hollis wrote:
> Ah, that's at the top of my gripes list too. I'm pretty sure that
> Undo is even less functional in 6 than in 5.2.

Undo seems kind of buggy in 6. I've lost things that just didn't go back
to the way they were when I tried to Undo (after e.g. accidentally
pasting when I meant to copy).

> Another shortcoming is the lack of AutoSave or AutoBackup capability.
> It's too easy to lose track of time, crash, and then discover that
> you haven't saved anything in 2 hours. (Or maybe its just dementia on
> my part.)

I'm fairly obsessive about saving frequently, but I cannot for the life
of me get my students to do it. A few times a semester, someone will
crash Mathematica at the very end of a class period when they are taking
a quiz or exam, without having saved a thing. Built-in AutoSave would be
nice to have.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont