3D interpolation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77423] 3D interpolation
  • From: Mathieu G <ellocomateo at free.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 05:33:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hello!
Sorry this might sounds like a simple question, but it seems I do not
get something:

Say I have a tab delimited file with such columns:

RealX	RealY	RealZ	TargX	TargY	TargZ	Meas
...	...	...	...	...	...	...

Each column having a header, followed by values.

This file is taken from an experiment that ask a motion controller to
move to the point (TargX,TargY,TargZ). Once the position is reached the
real position (target+random positioning error) is recorded as well as a
measurement value at this point.

I would like to do
=A4 a 3D interpolation of Meas(x,y,z) using the real position
=A4 a 3D interpolation of Meas(x,y,z) using the target position
=A4 then make an interactive XYZ 3Dplot showing:
	=A4 3 planes (intersection pt can be changed with manipulate?)
		=A4 YZ @Xintersection
		=A4 ZX @Yintersection
		=A4 XY @Zintersection
	=A4 an option to choose which of the 2interpolation is to be used

Can somebody help me do that and get more familiar with my new toy??

Best regards,
Mathieu