Re: v6: still no multiple undo?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77431] Re: v6: still no multiple undo?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 05:37:55 -0400 (EDT)

The minimal approach to Undos is part of the reason why I created the
notebook backup and tracking functionality that I include in A
WorkLife FrameWork (shameless plug!).   It is sort of a mini CVS in
Mathematica.

I do think though that Undo is tricky in Mathematica.  One reason is
that some of what one does and might want to undo can be **very**
large.  Another is the question of what one means by Undo and redo.
Does this include evaluations?  Does it include formatting changes?
And so on.  I suspect that the question is rather more complex than
what one might have to deal with in a simple text editor or word
processor.  But, on the other hand, I am sure that some cleverness
could be brought to bear on this...

--David

http://scientificarts.com/worklife
Now Mathematica 6 compatible