Re: Re: Antialiasing of 3D graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77442] Re: [mg77417] Re: Antialiasing of 3D graphics
  • From: Chris Hill <chill at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 05:25:37 -0400 (EDT)

At 04:30 AM 6/8/2007, robin.gruna at gmail.com wrote:
>I've got an ATI x1400 chipset. Can I activate AA directly out of
>mathematica or do I have to do this on OS level?

Mathematica 6.0 does not support antialiasing for 3D graphics.  You
may be able to configure your video driver to override application
preferences such as antialiasing level for Mathematica or any other
application.  Obviously the methods for configuration as well as the
capabilities and results depend on the video driver.  Mathematica has
not been extensively tested in this configuration.

We are working to support antialiasing of 3D graphics in a future release.

Chris Hill
Wolfram Research