Re: 6.0 Standard Packages?, New Style Documentation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77465] Re: 6.0 Standard Packages?, New Style Documentation?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 05:37:41 -0400 (EDT)

On 6/8/07 at 5:37 AM, djmpark at comcast.net (David Park) wrote:

>1) Is there anyplace in the documentation where one can find all the
>'standard packages' listed together in one place like they were in
>the 5.2 Help Browser?

I don't believe so.

If all that is desired is a list of the standard packages that
can be obtained with

Last[StringSplit[#, $PathnameSeparator]] & /@
  FileNames["*",
   ToFileName[{$InstallationDirectory, "AddOns", "Packages"}]]

and

Last[StringSplit[#, $PathnameSeparator]] & /@
  FileNames["*m",
   ToFileName[{$InstallationDirectory, "AddOns",
"LegacyPackages"}], 2]

for the legacy packages.

Of course, this provides no link to the documentation for these packages.

To get to the documentation for the standard packages, the best
thing I seen so far is the palette Selwyn Hollis created and
made available at:

<http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis/HelpHelperPalette.nb>