Re: Maximum memory accessible by Mathematica 6.0 in Windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77564] Re: [mg77544] Maximum memory accessible by Mathematica 6.0 in Windows
  • From: Benedetto Bongiorno <bbongiorno at attglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 07:25:10 -0400 (EDT)

I have had similar problems for years with prior versions of Mathematica..
It appears the limitation is a combination of Windows XP 32 bit,
Mathematica 32bit and built in 2GB limitation.
I intend to switch to a laptop with an AMD Turion 64 Dual Core 2.2GHz,
4GB memory. Vista Ultimate (64bit), Mathematica 6.0 64bit install.
With this, I am told the 4 GB will be available.