Modifying values in the PhysicalConstants package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77660] Modifying values in the PhysicalConstants package
  • From: Andrew Moylan <andrew.j.moylan at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:37:40 -0400 (EDT)

I note that the symbols defined in the PhysicalConstants package, like
HubbleConstant, do not have the attribute Protected. Is it "safe" to
give redefinitions for these symbols in my code? That is, is there any
reason why I shouldn't write the following?

Needs["PhysicalConstants`"]

HubbleConstant = Convert[70*((Kilo*(Meter/Second))/(Mega*Parsec)),
     1/Second];