Re: Re: 6.0 Get Graphics Coordinates...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77750] Re: Re: 6.0 Get Graphics Coordinates...
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:22:18 -0400 (EDT)

I tend to agree.  I tried the examples given by Jens and others abd could
not figure out how to actually get hold of the values of the points that I
created by clicking.

In previous versions, one of my frequent applications of Ctrl-Click was to
read points off a curve on an imported scanned image and then convert them
to data using a function created by Ctrl-Clicking on the corners of a plot
(I made a little package for that if anyone is interested).

Another was to click on phase space plots to create new initial conditions
for particle tracking.
Can anyone explain how to do this kind of thing in V6 ?

John Jowett

"Murray Eisenberg" <murray at math.umass.edu> wrote in message
news:f4tm2d$ira$1 at smc.vnet.net...
Useless??  Hardly!  Surely just doing Plot[...] and then Ctrl-clicking
is a lot easier for a beginner (e.g., a student using Mathematica) than
to deal with a Dynamic object.

On the other hand, and apart from the issue of what to do with
Ctrl-click when the graphics object is dynamically generated, there
would seem to be a design issue: Now, in 6.0, Ctrl-mouse-button-down is
the start of a zoom-in/zoom-out for a 3D graphic.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305