Re: Re: Why use Java in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78239] Re: [mg78218] Re: Why use Java in Mathematica?
  • From: "厉正吉" <zhengji.li at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 05:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

> Hi;
>
>   Could you please describe your modifications to PacletManager.m
> because I would like to stop javaw.exe from running also.
>
> Thanks
> Angela

Hi,

What I did to PacletManager is quite simple.

1. Backup PacletManager.m in "Mathematica\6.0\SystemFiles\Autoload";
2. Delete all stuffs in PacletManager.m, and only preserve following two lines:
BeginPackage["PacletManager`"]
EndPackage[]
3. Save PacletManager.m and have fun with no java.exe running.

--
Li Zhengji
If all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail.