Extracting subexpressions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78301] Extracting subexpressions
  • From: Geraud Nymo <kalymereau at yahoo.fr>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:16:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Group

I have a (potentially very large) mathematical expression myExpr. I
want to extract all the non atomic subexpressions. I have found the
two following solutions:
Level[myExpr, {-\[Infinity], -2}]
and
Cases[myExpr, _, {-\[Infinity], -2}]

On very large expressions that I cannot reproduce here it seems that
Level is a bit faster. Is there an even faster way to obtain the same
result ?

Thanks.